Monday, June 30, 2008

Submission 1

Dear Gobiest Mcbaxgwain,
This Gobi has been lurking in my art studio over here on the Big Island for the last year and a half. It critiques the shit out of me on a daily basis. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you for your time,
Chainface's bigger blonder brother



Thanks CBBB for the email & submission-
Looks like you have a classic case of GSS. Gobi Spotting Syndrome. This is a good thing, trust me. I do not think you can do much about this Gobi critiquing you, you need to give in to it. Let it help your creativity. Remember, Gobi counts.
The photo you sent has classic Gobi'esque qualities. All though the proportions are too even, and subject matter is somewhat low on the obscurity scale (which is OK, I posted the mirror so no sweat) - the surface matter, shape and color fall in to the Gobi guidelines.
Talk to you soon,
GMBG

Good to see people are starting to catch on. This submission came to me from Hawaii on June 29th, 2008. If you would like to submit any Gobi finds, have questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact me. Many thanks, GMBG.

1 comment:

rarest said...

This example of GOBI confuses us - we thought we had it but then this doesn't seem right - please explain how this fits the GOBI mould